This is another job I’ve decided is almost impossible to properly complete without the MG being on a lift. Apparently critical before installation is that the driveshaft is phased correctly as the illustration shows below. Whether this has really any bearing on a street car I have no idea but better to play it safe.
This is the area that the driveshaft goes thru and while it’s easy enough to slide the driveshaft back in it’s very difficult to tighten the bolts while under the car with a few inches of space. I shot this photo 4 years ago. Presently the area looks like new with most items painted and renewed. I’ll try to get a photo but don’t think I’ll have much luck.
I did manage to get 2 bolts in at each end of the driveshaft and will now attempt to roll the car and secure the other 2. I’m not looking forward to the job.
Up next is installing the clutch cylinder and then I can refill the clutch and brakes with fluid. Hopefully bleeding these will go smoothly.
I drained the old oil from the newer 4 synch transmission that I installed and it looked pretty decent so hopefully the transmission is good as I’ve had no way to test it at this point. Refilling the transmission with oil could be a challenge lying on my back as well. Perhaps I’ll just take the car next door and put it on my neighbors lift for a day.