I finally got around to having the MGB 18V flywheel resurfaced at a local shop. Initially I was going to be cheap and just clean the mess up but fortunately came to the conclusion that it would be stupid to not do the job properly.
The machinist did a really nice job. It was tempting to take about 5 pounds off the heavy chunk of steel but for now I’ll make do with a stock configuration. This flywheel is heavy at about 21 pounds.
At some point I might swap this out for an aluminum flywheel that comes in at about 9 pounds. That would make a big difference that could be felt. I’ve just got to get the MG running at this point, then modifications can begin.